It is no secret that videos draw people in more than any other medium. But the concept of making a video can be almost overwhelming to someone who has little to no experience making a video production. You want to create your video on a budget, but you dont want your video to look cheaply made. So, what does a professional video look like?
- The camera. Although an i-phone camera will do in filming a video, the overall quality will not be the same. A professional looking video does not have to be shot on an extremely expensive camera. Any video camera with decent resolution will do. If creating multiple videos is in your future, you may want to invest in a better camera. But a simple one will be just fine when starting out.
- The lighting. Videos should be shot in locations that are well-lit. One of the best ways to do this is by filming outdoors under a shaded tree. If you have to film inside, make sure the room you are shooting in is well-lit.
- The sound. The sound quality is probably the most important aspect when producing a video. You do not want to shoot with any dominant sound that will distract from the person you are filming. Avoid drafts, crowded areas, fans, or traffic. Also, make sure the person talking speaks loud and clear.
- Take two. Film everything at least twice. Even if you think it looks absolutely perfect the first time. When it comes time to put the video together, you will be grateful for more options. Especially if there was an unknown mistake when filming.
- Editing. This can be the most difficult aspect to producing a video. However, there are many programs that can make this process much easier. Research video editing sotware and do a free trial to edit your video. Again, editing software is something to consider investing in if you decide to produce more videos.
The video production process can be scary to one who has no experience with it. But the good news it there are people out there who can help. Professional video equipment can be expensive, so if you are more comfortable, you should hire a professional who not only has equipment but experience. We can help, so contact us!